Settle into the slow lane...
The Shepherd's hut sits peacefully amongst three acres of flower meadows and orchards with stunning views across the valley. Explore the countryside and discover the popular market towns nearby.
Inside the hut is spacious with a double deluxe mattress for a perfect night's sleep. It is well insulated & has a wood burner stove for those cooler evenings.
Here you will be surrounded by nature. Red kites and buzzards soar in the skies above and when the stars are out listen for the tawny owls hooting and badgers trotting across the fields. In the summer months you will see dragon flies scooting over the pond and the wildflower meadows will be in full bloom.
For cooking, settle into the slow lane & stroll down to the kitchen garden or wander through the orchard to gather ingredients. Create your culinary delights in the outdoor kitchen using gas hob & grill. Or cast yourself back into a simpler age & cook around the fire.
Shepherd's hut features- the hut comfortably sleeps 2 adults
- Full size double bed with deluxe mattress
- Inflatable mattresses also available for up to 2 children
- Space to pitch a tent if more than 2 people are staying
- Complimentary ingredients for first mornings cooked breakfast supplied
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas hob, grill and fridge
- Outdoor fire pit and cooking utensils (kotlich, paella pan and griddle)
- Wood fuel is supplied
- Water on tap and loo with a view!
- Bedding, linen & towels provided
- NEW - hot gas shower (available from April to October inclusive)
- Electricity provided by solar panels powering lights and 12 V sockets (cigarette lighter type)
- Maps, games, binoculars
- The hut is at the top of the slope - 2 mins walk from car area
- Dogs welcome
"We can honestly say we have never felt so relaxed before - even with two children with us! We have realised the simple things in life are the best: Best views, best bed, best location, best hosts, best swings!!
The only decision left to make is whether our next trip is with or without kids (although if we came without them we would never be forgiven!)"
Iain, Helen, Florence and Betsy
"Wow! Absolutely breathtaking. The views, the welcome, the hut, the swing, the kitchen, the hosts - just perfect.
Had the most brilliant weekend! Really enjoyed 'camping in style and comfort.' The strawberries and peas from the garden, the peaceful comfy sleep, the bike ride and most of all, making unforgettable memories. Thank you so much for everything!"
Amy and Daniel, Manchester
"We have loved every minute of our 'very different for us break!!' We did not know what to expect but we are now confirmed 'shepherds hut' people. The whole experience was magical... Cooking on the kotlich was fantastic with a hearty veg stew and toasted marshmallows with chocolate sauce. The hut and facilities are exceptionally clean and include everything you could wish for! Location and view were to die for. Loved picking mushrooms for tea and collecting wood for the camp fire.
Lesley and Karl